Procurement Intern – Global Strategic Procurement
Webseite abbdeutschland ABB AG
Are you ready to contribute to the digital transformation of industries, with focus on Supply Chain and Procurement functions? As an active part of our international team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the design, execution, and implementation of strategic sourcing projects for complex direct material categories in ABB Smart Buildings. During this internship you will contribute to the transformation journey towards digital and asset light by focusing on elements as procurement analytics, contract management as well as sustainability.
The internship will be based in one of the ABB global locations, with preference to the following: Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy.
- Searching new suppliers, initiating, and maintaining internal and external business contacts
- Enquiring supplier capability, financials, industrial set up and strategic orientation and participating in supplier negotiations
- Executing and implementing Requests for Quotations (RFQ) for direct materials (electronics, plastics, metals, assembly) covering selection of supplier base, demand collection, execution of the RFQ, review of commercial offers and negotiation preparation
- Participating to the planning, preparation and organization of external supplier events and cross-functional workshops (i.e., defining meeting contents, agendas etc.)
- Contributing to the development and the deployment of standard contract framework, definition of governance processes and implementation with key selected Suppliers
- Digitalizing and automating certain manual process in strategic sourcing and ensure maintenance and enhancement of the tool.
- Ongoing Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large and complex datasets. Good knowledge of programing (e.g. Excel VBA)
- Passion for quality of offered and provided services by using inquisitive approach: ability to test models, options, and assumptions through questioning
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- You enjoy working in a global environment and interact with different nationalities, therefore fluency in English is a Must.
More about us
A truly global working environment with a culture of collaboration and flat hierarchy. You will have the chance to work directly and learn from our global network of procurement experts, from CPO, category leaders, managers and buyers. You will access to excellent training tools and programs to support your development. You will contribute to projects of high visibility and high strategic importance – you will make an impact. We provide flexible working hours and remote working.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security – enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte careers.abb.