Private Equity Placement Analyst (m/w/d)
Website Athos Partners
Athos Partners is an independent placement advisory firm dedicated to assisting leading mid-market private equity fund managers. Since 2011, the firm has raised 33 European private equity funds with a 100% success rate.
The firm has remained committed to its core strategy: advising exceptional growth, buyout and special situations managers with superior return profiles. The team has successfully advised both well-established and emerging managers and tailors its services to each client’s specific requirements. Leveraging on its longstanding relationship with leading institutional investors worldwide, Athos Partners has been able to position itself as the preferred partner for mid-market private equity fund managers.
With a team of twelve, led by two experienced Partners who have been working together since 2008, Athos Partners has developed a highly differentiated and hands-on placement approach in which all team members participate in origination, execution and distribution. This approach has been proven successful in an increasingly competitive environment. In response to the increasing demand for its services, Athos Partners has recently opened its second office, located in the US.
To continue its rapid growth in Europe, Athos Partners is looking for ambitious candidates to join its team in Monaco. Candidates should have a strong interest to work in the private equity placement realm with prior full-time or internship experience within private equity, corporate finance, investment banking, management consultancy, audit or transactions services.
Key features of the role
▪ Truly international work- and team environment, focusing both on Europe and US
▪ Significant exposure to clients and institutional investors from the start
▪ Exceptional learning opportunity to discover key private equity markets and strategies
▪ Fast career path development
▪ Potential to work internationally between the EU and US (New York) office
▪ Excellent compensation: up to €120,000 per annum
As a placement agent, our role is to support our clients throughout the fundraising process, from the definition of the fundraising strategy and its objectives to the final closing of the fund. We are in charge of drafting the fundraising documentation (including pitchbooks, detailed review of past and current investments as well as due diligence questionnaires) and lead the dialogue with prospective investors.
Responsibilities will cover a broad range of tasks, including:
Origination efforts and new business development
▪ Supporting the team in identifying, meeting and assessing prospective clients
▪ Compiling research on fund performance and market trends within the European private equity sector
▪ Assisting the team with pitchbook production and other coordinated origination materials
Drafting due diligence materials
▪ Drafting / updating due diligence documentation and marketing presentations
▪ Working directly with investors in the completion of due diligence questionnaires and supplementary materials
▪ Attending and participating in weekly conference calls regarding fundraising status with existing clients
▪ Working directly with clients to ensure cohesion throughout the entirety of the fundraising process
▪ Coordinating and preparing meetings of clients with prospective investors
▪ Developing and maintaining relationships with highly sophisticated European and US institutional investors, including well renowned endowments, foundations, insurance companies, pension funds and asset managers
▪ Assisting investors in their due diligence on ongoing mandates
Qualifications & skills
Candidates should have 1-3 years of prior full-time or internship experience within private equity, corporate finance, investment banking, management consultancy, audit or transactions services and have a strong academic background (Undergraduate or Master’s degree from a top tier university or business school), in addition to:
▪ Having strong analytical and numerical skills as well as high attention to detail
▪ Being results-driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
▪ Having excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
▪ Having a high level of written and verbal communication skills
▪ Being fluent in English (additional Western European language fluency would be a plus)
Interested candidates should submit a one-page CV via email to email@example.com with the title “Analyst application”.
Please note that an EU citizenship is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org