Private Equity Placement off-cycle Analyst (m/w/d)
Website Athos Partners
Private Equity Placement Analyst 6-month internship opportunity
Athos Partners is an independent placement advisory firm dedicated to assisting leading mid-market private equity fund managers. Since 2011, the firm has raised 33 European private equity funds with a 100% success rate.
The firm has remained committed to its core strategy: advising exceptional growth, buyout and special situations managers with superior return profiles. The team has successfully advised both well-established and emerging managers and tailors its services to each client’s specific requirements. Leveraging on its longstanding relationship with leading institutional investors worldwide, Athos Partners has been able to position itself as the preferred partner for mid-market private equity fund managers.
With a team of twelve, led by two experienced Partners who have been working together since 2008, Athos Partners has developed a highly differentiated and hands-on placement approach in which all team members participate in origination, execution and distribution. This approach has been proven successful in an increasingly competitive environment. In response to the increasing demand for its services, Athos Partners has recently opened its second office, located in the US.
To continue its rapid growth in Europe, Athos Partners is looking for ambitious candidates to join its team in Monaco. Candidates should have a strong interest to work in the private equity placement realm with prior full-time or internship experience within private equity, corporate finance, investment banking, management consultancy, audit or transactions services.
Key features of the role
▪ Truly international work- and team environment, focusing both on Europe and US
▪ Exceptional learning opportunity to discover key private equity markets and strategies
▪ Clear path to receive full time offer for strong candidates
▪ Compensation: €1,500 net per month
As a placement agent, our role is to support our clients throughout the fundraising process, from the definition of the fundraising strategy and its objectives to the final closing of the fund. We are in charge of drafting the fundraising documentation (including pitchbooks, detailed review of past and current investments as well as due diligence questionnaires) and lead the dialogue with prospective investors.
Interns will have the opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills they will need to succeed. Responsibilities will cover a broad range of tasks, including:
Origination efforts and new business development
▪ Supporting the team in identifying, meeting and assessing prospective clients
▪ Compiling research on fund performance and market trends within the European private equity sector
▪ Assisting the team with pitchbook production and other origination materials
Drafting due diligence materials
▪ Supporting the team in the preparation of due diligence documentation and marketing presentations
Investor relations and distribution
▪ Compiling research on private equity investors (asset managers, foundations, fund-of-funds, insurance companies, pension funds, etc.) in Europe as well as in the US
▪ Supporting the team in identifying and assessing new potential investors
▪ Coordinating and participating in introductory and follow-on calls with relevant investors
▪ Participating in weekly conference calls regarding fundraising status with existing clients
Qualifications & skills
Candidates should have a strong interest to work in the private equity placement realm with prior full-time or internship experience within private equity, corporate finance, investment banking, management consultancy, audit or transactions services as well as have a strong academic background (Master’s degree from a top tier university or business school), in addition to:
▪ Having strong analytical and numerical skills as well as high attention to detail
▪ Being results-driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
▪ Having excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
▪ Having a high level of written and verbal communication skills
▪ Being fluent in English (additional Western European language fluency would be a plus)
Interested candidates should submit a one-page CV via email to email@example.com with the title “Intern application”.
Please note that an EU citizenship as well as an internship agreement is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org