Thesis AutoML: Automatic Parameter Tuning for the Product Configurator Merlin
Website CAS Software AG
The constraint-based product configurator CAS Merlin has a large and ever increasing set of parameters that have a huge impact on its performance. Setting the proper values for these parameters is very complex and time consuming and yet highly important, especially for large workspaces with complex product structure and many rules. Currently, the parameter tuning is done manually by trial and error. Fortunately, there exist algorithms that can automate this process. The goal of the thesis is to identify such an algorithm for the product configurator Merlin and to implement it.
· Conduct a literature research to find a fitting automatic parameter tuning algorithm for Merlin
· Customize and implement the selected algorithm in Merlin
· Experimentally evaluate the automatically tuned Merlin against Merlin with current/default parameter settings on real-world customer data.
· Summarize the results in your thesis and/or scientific publication(s)
· Ability to read and understand scientific papers
· Can write performant Java code (fast running programs)
· Communicating your ideas clearly and precisely in English
Interested? Then apply here https://www.cas-mitgestalter.de/jobs/abschlussarbeit-thesis-en-ai-logic-ruleset-complexity-analysis-in-a-constraint-based-product-configurator-2/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org