Internship – Event Coordinator
Webseite English Café Malta
You love to meet new people, to put a smile on their face, to help them to feel part of something! You are definitely a people’s person, but you are also organised, clever, curious and interested in learning the event dynamics and its organisation. Ultimately you are a doer, a multi-potential, flexible and with different interests, passions & skills! Sounds like you?
English Cafe Malta organizes many types of regular and special events for the international community in Malta since 2014! Our mission is helping people to connect, have fun and grow! We have a lot of energy, passion and dynamism, but at the same time we are also very organised, reliable, effective. We are an international and young team with an open mind and friendly attitude.
The internship includes 2 parts: the main one of the Events Operations and a second part of Lateral Projects. Below a non-exhaustive list of the main functions (other tasks could be added/changed).
● Setting up/closing down the material before/after the event
● Greeting registering, cashing the guests
● Befriending, introducing and matching our guests in social groups according to our criteria
● Coordinating the social activities, games, karaoke, competitions, etc.
● Taking pictures, video and other content marketing material
● Coordinate and solve issues with guests, venue, partners and other team members
● Regular reporting and assessing
● Collecting feedback through survey/questionnaires
● Optional: train, manage support the new team members
Lateral Projects (decided based on the company’s needs as well as your skills & preferences):
● Admin: booking, accounting, scheduling meetings, buy/collecting items/supplies
● Design/Editing: video making, edit pictures, create new templates (we use Canva)
● Marketing: content marketing management, social media, Meta Ads, Google Ads
● Community Management: answering messages, emails, comments
● Brand Ambassador: become one of the faces of our brand, act in front of camera
● Expansion: plan new events and lead their execution
● Systemization: suggest new policies, build processes, review guidelines
● Sales: meet partners, find new collaborators
● HR: screening CVs, having 1st interviews with new applicants
● IT: updating the website, suggest improvements (we use WordPress and Elementor)
● Outgoing, extroverted and energetic personality
● Friendly, empathetic and customer service oriented
● Good communication skills
● Team player
● Organised, reliable and effective
● Proactive, assertive and problems solving approach.
● Ambitious, willing to learn and open to feedback
● English level at least B2 preferably
● Any knowledge of any other language is a plus
● Any previous experience in a job with people interaction (face-to-face) is a plus
● Able to commit for at least 3/4 months. Preferably 5/6 months or more. (Candidates with longer commitment have priority)
● 40 hours per week approximately. Flexible schedule. It may include Saturdays and Sundays sometimes.
● The event operations will take place at the venues of our events. This happens mainly in the central area of Malta (Sliema & St. Julian’s), mostly in the evening (19:00-23:00 approx.)
● The lateral projects will mostly take place in the morning/afternoon from your home and are generally coordinated remotely. Remote work is up to 1/2 days weekly.
● Eager to accept a significant degree of flexibility and adaptation (intrinsic aspect of the event industry)
● Our internships are unpaid in principle. You should apply for the Erasmus scholarship (or similar) with your university or use your personal funds to embrace this learning experience.
● Practical learning experience with the most successful international community in Malta since 2014
● Growing environment; we give high trust , responsibility, key tasks and regular feedback to you
● Engaging company’s Mission, Vision & Values (for us work and passion are the same thing)
● Fun, friendly, young international working environment
● We provide guidance for searching your accommodation
● When on duty, most of the times, drinks and food are on discount price or free of charge
● Opportunity to join all our popular events for free.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org