Student Research Assistant (m/w/d), Department Monitoring Society and Social Change, Team International Surveys
GESIS Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften
Starting as soon as possible, our Department Monitoring Society and Social Change, Team International Surveys located in Mannheim, is looking for a
Student Research Assistant (m/w/d)
(payment according to MWK, 40 hrs./ Month, institutional)
The successful applicant will work with the Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES – www.cses.org), a project that focuses on voter behaviour in over 40 countries globally, including Germany.
Your tasks will be:
· Supporting the team in research activities related to comparative research in political science, sociology, and survey methodology
· Assisting in compiling literature reviews
· Collecting and managing data
· Supporting the preparation of data documentation and assisting in the preparation of academic presentations
· Supporting the team in administrative duties
· Proficiency in spoken and written English
· Enrolled in a university as a student for the duration of the contract
· Background in political science, sociology, and/or survey methodology
· Some knowledge of statistical software (e.g., STATA, SPSS, R)
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work independenly and in an international environment
· Strong skills in MS Office (especially Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
For more information regarding the internship, please contact Mr. Stephen Quinlan PhD via E-Mail or phone +49 621 1246-430. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Michaela Kurtov via E-Mail.
Are you interested?
Then apply up to and including 22.11.2019 via our online application portal.
The application number is: SHK-DBG-025-english
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org