Operations Analyst – Team Germany (m/w/d)
Webseite iwoca Gmbh
iwoca is an online Fintech company based in London and Germany.
We started in 2012, when we noticed a problem: on average, it was taking eight weeks (and a lot of paperwork) for small businesses to apply for a loan. Worse still, more often than not, that process was ending in a ‘no’.
We knew that bakeries, building firms, salons, and solicitors deserved better. They deserve to be able to grow – hire more hands, invest in stock, market themselves – without all the hold music and absurdly rigid criteria.
We’ve now been around for a decade, and in that time, we’ve:
- grown to a team of 290 iwocans
worked with over 50,000 small businesses across the UK and Germany
redesigned the whole business loan process from start to finish – our record is three minutes, 26 seconds.
It’s a good start, but it’s just the beginning. Our mission is help one million businesses who need us, so we still have a long way to go.
Here’s what we’ve learned about lending along the way
- Technology is the way to change this space
From automated decisions to API integrations, tech has the potential to create the changes small businesses have been waiting for – so we can’t stop innovating.
- Embedded finance is the future
More and more, we’re reaching customers by embedding our loans within the apps and systems they use everyday. Our partners are people like neobanks, online marketplaces and accountancy software companies.
- Payments and credit are converging
Lots of small businesses struggle with cash flow; often getting invoices paid from their customers months after paying their own bills. Loans can help them pay these bills, but we also want to tackle the problem at its root by improving payment terms.
- New products are always possible
We’re working to create new loans of all shapes and sizes, and we’ve recently launched iwocaPay to help with these cash flow conundrums.
We are now looking for Graduate Operations Analysts to join us – you could be based in our London or Frankfurt office.
At iwoca, we are constantly looking at ways of improving our Operations functions. We’re building an Operations Strategy team that supports all our Operations teams (across Customer Success, KYC, Credit Risk Analysis, and Collections) to drive improvements across each function. You will be part of our German team but will work closely together with our UK Operations Strategy team to help create more synergy and joined-up thinking across these teams.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome – we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn’t an optional add-on. It’s the thing that makes us great.
As an Operations Analyst, you will:
- Develop a very good understanding of Operations processes and interdependencies whilst strengthening key transferable skills
- Work closely with our German Operations team leads to find out how we can work smarter and create more value for our customers. You will think about solving questions like:How can
- Customer Success improve conversion of our customers?
- What is the value of calling delinquent customers and how do we test this?
- What metrics can we use to measure the performance of our Customer Success team?
- How can we make our Operations scalable in the long term?
- Analyse meaningful data to inform your answers and develop a solution
- With the support of your manager, you will take responsibility for implementing these changes, collaborate with the UK Ops team and Tech & Analytics in the process
- Understand strategic developments across the business and determine how they will impact
- Operations, and how Operations will need to adapt in order to support future strategies and help those strategies to be successful
- You’ll work on a variety of fast-paced projects, learning from tests and effecting changes which really have an impact on how we run our business.
In this role, you will work closely with our Head of Ops and Ops Strategy Associate, have significant exposure to senior management, as well as stakeholders from across the business (including Tech & Analytics, Marketing & Finance). You’ll be working on projects which will help to improve our understanding of our team’s performance, drive efficiencies and improve service.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a strong analytical background (we live, breathe and sleep data) with very good data manipulation and analysis skills
- You have experience in data analysis with Python (Pandas, NumPy)
- You are resourceful and confident to dive deep into our data and derive insights in an imperfect world (i.e. when you never have all the data you’d like, exactly as you’d like it)
- You use a structured approach to analyse issues and solve complex problems with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A natural curiosity to spot and break down opportunities that aim to make our Operations teams work smarter and to improve our customer experience
- You are excited about implementing findings of your research, we need a ‘doer’ who is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and working across the business to see through the results of your analyses
- You’ll be driven, hard-working and uncompromising in delivering high quality work in tight timelines.
- You are a team player with a fine balance of confidence, humility and enthusiasm: you will need to work with various teams to get stuff done
- Exceptional levels of personal integrity, given you’ll be exposed to a number of commercially and strategically sensitive projects
- Excited about helping small businesses thrive – belief in our mission is important!
- It would be amazing if you were also fluent in German
What’s life like as an iwocan?
- An exciting, multi-faceted and challenging work environment
- Flat management hierarchies, close coordination with our executive team and many opportunities to shape and advance
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team – together we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company-wide training with internal and external speakers
- Travel card discount for Frankfurt and subsidised gym membership
- Summer Houses in the south of Europe and Winter Houses in the Alps, where we spend a week each with our closer teams
- Always full fridges with breakfast and snacks (both healthy and naughty:))
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte apply.workable.com.