Student Assistant (m/w/d) (Law and Political Science) for Afghanistan Project (8h/week)
Website Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: http://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavoring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Afghanistan team is looking for a student assistant to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops. Main duties will include: legal research and organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop material, review of seminar evaluations, as well as translations from English to German (and vice versa).
- commitment and flexibility
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- very good English and German skills, knowledge of Dari/Farsi would be an asset
- in-depth knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law
- interest in Afghanistan
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 12.85 Euro, according to the hourly rate for student assistants
The Max Planck Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org