Working Student (f/m/d) for South Sudal and Sahel Projects
Webseite Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking for
Working Students (f/m/d) (Law, French (Romance Studies) or Political Science) South Sudan and Sahel Projects (8 hours or more/week)
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to those countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavoring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the South Sudan and Sahel team is looking for working students to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops. Main duties will include: legal research and organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop material, review of seminar evaluations, small translation tasks as well as occasional minute-taking during internal meetings.
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany
- studying either Law, French (Romance Studies) or Political Science
basic knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law
- excellent French skills and good English skills
- knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not mandatory
- practical experience and interest in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries is desirable
- commitment and flexibility
- proven competence in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity to gain an insight into the Foundation’s activities
hourly salary of 14.31 Euros – payment according to TVöD Bund, incl. annual increase through pay rise and a step model according to length of service as well as an annual special payment
- central location (5 minutes’ walk from Heidelberg main station)
- pleasant working environment in a team that is looking forward to meeting you!
The Max Planck Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal (https://www.mpfpr.de/careers/) stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (subject: South Sudan – Sahel) by 30 November 2023.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.mpfpr.de.