Working Student (m/f/d) for Afghanistan Project (8 hours or more/week) (Law and Political Science)
Webseite Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to those countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavoring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Afghanistan team is looking for a working student to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops. Main duties will include: careful editing of teaching material, formatting of workshop material, legal research and organizational tasks, as well as translations from English to Dari (and vice versa).
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany for at least until the end of 2021
- commitment and flexibility
- excellent command of English
- excellent command of Dari and/or Farsi
- experience in proofreading and editing English (legal) documents
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- interest in Afghanistan
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- the opportunity of learning about the Afghan legal system
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 13.72 €
The Max Planck Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal (https://www.mpfpr.de/careers/) stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (Reference: Student Afghanistan) by 28 February 2021.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com