Working Students / Student Assistants (f/m/d) Asia Projects
Webseite Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Max Planck Foundation is looking for student assistants to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences, and workshops for projects based in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Main duties will include legal research as well as research on political developments within the project countries and the region, organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop materials, as well as reviewing seminar evaluations.
– enrolled as a full-time student in Germany at least until the summer of 2022
– studying Law with a focus on Public International Law OR Political Science, South Asian Studies, Ethnology or comparable
– very good English skills
– knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law desirable
– practical experience and interest in South and Southeast Asia desirable
– excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
– commitment and flexibility
– office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
– interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
– the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
– hourly salary of 14.01 Euros
The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (Reference: Student Asia Projects) by 30 September 2021.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.mpfpr.de.