Intern – Public Finance Ratings
Website Scope Group
Scope Group is the leading European credit rating agency
Scope is looking for a proactive, results-oriented and energetic Intern to join Scope’s Public Finance Team based in Frankfurt for a minimum of 6 months internship with the ambition to join Scope Group in an entry-level position thereafter. This is a role focusing on learning how a public finance rating is developed and assisting the team in developing models and ratings. The ideal candidate should be an analytical person with a strong interest in Economics, as well as a career in Sovereign and Public Finance credit risk.
Your Tasks & responsibilities
- Support analysts during the rating process, including drafting of rating reports
- Draft research and publications on rating-relevant economic and political developments
- Assist the Public Finance team in the development and refinement of its methodologies, specifically for sovereigns, sub-sovereigns, supranational and government-related entities
- Support model development and rating analyses, particularly debt sustainability analysis
- Contribute to the team’s maintenance of databases and rating models
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and drafting
- Good knowledge of economic concepts and familiarity with balance
- Good understanding of the European political economy preferred
- Enrolled/ graduated student, at master level or higher in economics or related degree
- Previous research/ work experience in economics/ finance/ international relations preferred
Your Personal profile
- Interest in developing a career in (public) finance/ economics
- Strong motivation for learning practical insights into public finance, economic analysis and financial
- Highly reliable, with rigorous attention to standards and
- Ability to work in a team, but also independently as a self-starter without close supervision
- Critical thinking, curiosity and ability to think outside the box under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English; German fluency a significant plus; French, Italian or Spanish desirable
If this sounds like a journey for you, and you are comfortable working in a target driven environment, we look forward to learning more about you from your application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20190152”. Please note: For non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this job position.
Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo, and Paris. The company specializes in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance, and public finance. Scope Ratings GmbH offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings GmbH is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.
To apply for this job please visit short.sg.