The Students’ Union collects contributions from all students for each semester. The use of the funds is determined in the budget, which is adopted by the Student Parliament and approved by the Rectorate of the University. The budget also lists the funds for the individual departmental student councils (FBVen). The funds of the FBVen are thus part of the budget of the Students’ Union (Verfasste Studierendenschaft, VS) and not separate pots or the like.

Since the budget is a public budget, all regulations concerning public budgets also apply to the Students’ Union. which concerns mainly state budget regulation of the state of Baden-Württemberg. This requires the adherence to numerous regulations, which are represented in the application structure. The AStA does not want to make anyone’s work artificially difficult; the AStA has not devised the procedures, they are prescribed by law.

The aim is to ensure that in the end no private person has to be held responsible for expenses of the FBV or that projects cannot be realized because regulations have not been observed. Therefore, one point is of elementary importance: ask questions in case of doubt and plan early.


Application structure

The applications are structured according to the purpose for which money is to be spent and the amount of money. All applications can be found in the download area.

Which application do I need and how do I fill it out?

A detailed overview can be found in the guide “Applications of the Students’ Union”.

All expenses should, if at all possible, be paid on behalf of the Students’ Union. For purchases of 100€ or more, you always have to buy on account.

  • From 150€ and upwards, the expenditure must be registered in advance and approved by the financial department. Therfore, use the application form for approval of expenses.
  • rom 250€ upwards, two comparative offers must be obtained for the approval of the expenditure, i.e. a total of three offers. For this, three product supplier must make one offer or three offers that are publicly available must be attached. A rejection by one provider also counts as a comparative offer. On principle, only the cheapest of the three offers is approved.
  • For business trips, there is a form for accounting a business trip.
  • If a business trip is expected to exceed €100 per person or more than €200 in total, it must be registered and approved by the Treasury.
  • All expenses are subject to the principles of economy and thrift, and all expenses must also fall within the scope of responsibility of the Students’ Union in accordance with §65 of the Landeshochschulgesetz (State University Law).

How do I fill out an application?

  • In principle, all applications should be self-explanatory.
  • The guide will assist here.
  • Take enough time to fill it out! A hastily written application often has to be corrected and only creates extra work for all those involved.
  • Enter clearly the recipients of the money In the case of an invoice, the company is then the recipient and not the processor or the person making the application.
  • Fill out applications on the PC. You can read your own handwriting well, but this does not have to apply to others 😉
  • Do not use Tipp-Ex or similar! Strike out errors cleanly so that it is still possible to understand what has been crossed out.
  • Submit original receipts! Copies or scans are not sufficient.
  • Put receipts (sales slips, …) onto another sheet. Do not use liquid glue or similar. These adhesives destroy receipts, so that they will not be longer readable after one year.
  • In case of doubt, ask the Treasury before you start something you are not sure about.


Deparmental student council and fresher’s weekends are subsidised by the Student Union if they are educational events.

Please note the applications and the limits above which expenditure must be approved. specially in the case of large expenses, applications must be submitted as early as possible. This can be a year in advance, but not one week before the weekend. Transportation by bus or a hut, for example, are different expenses that must be approved separately.

The guideline for weekends will help.


All items procured from Students’ Union’s funds are the property of the Students’ Union. For this purpose, they are provided with an inventory number for purchases above 100€ without any exceptions. The’ Union’s property must be handled carefully and responsibly. In order to prevent us from buying the same items over and over, all departmental student councils and the General Student Committee (AStA) should lend items to each other. A simple solution is currently being worked out.

Should an item nevertheless be damaged or lost, this must be reported immediately to the treasury, as insurance policies may have been taken out or an report might have to be made.